Develop industry ecosystem
In the Internet era, communication and collaboration are essential for success. China Unicom has always held the belief of “cooperation, openness and win-win development”, and has developed in a synergetic way with various parties in the industry, so as to provide proper support to the development of the industry and urge enterprises in the industry chain to properly perform their social responsibilities.
Promote industrial cooperation
Cooperate with equipment suppliers
In 2016, China Unicom’s self-service portal suppliers reached 960,000. In order to better cooperate with partners, China Unicom, holding the belief of “resource access through Internet” and “full collaboration in transactions”, adopted various measures to promote cooperation progress.
- China Unicom has made great efforts to promote online procurement, and implemented open disclosure of procurement information, electronic tender and bid opening, and collaboration in electronic orders, so as to enable the procurement to be conducted in a more open and transparent way, and provide fair opportunities to suppliers. 100% of open tender information is available on “China Unicom Procurement and Tender Website” by category, and 70.4% of orders can be sent and received online. China Unicom head office and 28 provincial branches can conduct online tendering and bidding through electronic CA certification.
- The websites of China Procurement and Tender Website, MIIT’s information platform for the management of telecommunication construction project tendering and bidding, and China Unicom Procurement and Tender Website has enabled open disclosure of procurement information, electronic exchange of procurement documents, coordination between e-orders and e-packing lists.
- China Unicom openly discloses procurement data to ensure transparent procurements. Through e-orders and e-packing lists, the Company has enhanced information communication and reduced trading costs. The one-point settlement mode of the Group enables integrated business management and highly efficient settlement.
Cooperate with content providers
Cooperate with MVNOs
China Unicom attaches importance to the MVNO pilot programme, and provides full network access service with a single connection to actively support the development of MVNO enterprises. For the MVNO business, aiming to boost operating capability, improve perception of MVNO enterprises and users, and prevent operating risks of MVNO business, the Company gave full play to the advantages of centralised operation integrating management, services and production, signed MVNO cooperation agreements with 29 enterprises, and carried out MVNO business in 188 prefectural-level cities of 29 provinces. In 2016, China Unicom’s MVNO revenue reached RMB1.56 billion, and the number of MVNO users reached 31.69 million. The market share of China Unicom in MVNO market in China reached 73%, showing a favourable image of social responsibility and external open cooperation under the background of the national policy to open up China telecommunication industry to private capital.
Cooperate with social channels
China Unicom currently has 360,000 physical social channel partners. In order to promote cooperation, the Company continuously optimised its centralised channel management system to enable rapid and transparent payments of social channel commissions. It strengthened small and medium social channel terminal services, iteratively upgraded the Woego platform, reduced social channel financing costs, and launched on a trial basis security-free “WO Finance” Internet finance services for social channels.
Social cooperation for broadband
Expand external cooperation, push forward resource sharing with enterprises within or beyond the industry and jointly promote the development of the broadband market. In 2016, the Company actively cooperated with strong private broadband companies or “capable individuals” and signed strategic cooperation agreement with Dr. Peng Group to share each other’s edges by penetrating into each other’s product and channel resources.
China Unicom Guangxi Branch actively carried out social cooperation for development of its broadband business, and cooperated with small and medium enterprises and individual contractors to build broadband network. In 2016, Guangxi Branch signed contracts for more than 1,000 broadband projects by way of social cooperation, up by 2.7 times on a year-on-year basis.
China Unicom Jiangxi Jiujiang Branch added 16,542 broadband ports through social cooperation, and the network coverage in towns and rural areas doubled on a year-on-year basis.
Push forward industry responsibility fulfilment
China Unicom is committed to fulfilling social responsibilities together with partners of the industry chain. On top of enhancing its own responsibility performance capability, it urges partners to undertake social responsibilities by way of cooperation in industry chain and jointly creates a “responsible” industry landscape.
- The Company’s self-service vendor portal for equipment procurement is connected with the website of China National Administration for Code Allocation to Organisations, and by verifying information through the interface, it is ensured that the registration information of the suppliers are authentic and accurate. The Company continues to promote green procurement system, and specifies the energy consumption standards and energy-saving requirements for equipment in the technical specifications for equipment procurement.
- Strengthen social responsibility guidance on content providers, and make sure that the value-added products provided to users are green, safe and healthy. The Company implements strict testing and examination process for product listings, carries out routine inspections, solves the problem immediately when it is detected, and traces responsibilities according to the contractual provisions. It has drawn up a negative list for business cooperation, regularly evaluates its partners, and screens out high-risk enterprises. The Company requires each provincial branch to strictly implement the Measures for the Administration of Value-added Business, and to provide responsible products.
- Consider after-sales service system and market performance when selecting terminal suppliers;
- Help MVNO enterprises implement real-name registration, strengthen online interception of junk SMSs, meet with non-compliant enterprises to discuss the rectification requirements, and offer different treatment with respect to development resources to enterprises failing to implement real-name registration.
- Regulate management of social channels strictly according to the Circular on Preventing and Cracking down on Fraudulent Crimes Committed through Telecommunication Networks. Coordinate to deploy real-name imaging equipment, terminate unqualified channels and those failing to strictly implement real-name registration verification. Enhance the black list management system of social channels and never allow channels on the black list to process network sign-ups and real-name registration procedures.
China Unicom Guangxi Branch conducted terminal evaluation by applying big data technology to guide the healthy development of the smart phone terminal industry. The terminal quality evaluation system is based on three dimensions, namely the network signal reception sensitivity, calling and data service performance of the terminals. Wholenetwork terminal quality indices are released every month. It carried out big data statistics for interaction data of popular Internet applications on smart terminal network, analysed matching capability of the terminal and Internet, and guided Internet companies to improve OTT product quality.
In order to further implement the requirements of the Circular on Making Further Efforts to Prevent and Crack Down on Communication Information Fraud released by MIIT, China Unicom Jiangxi Branch strengthened the management of agents for 400 business. It formulated 400 business management measures, strengthened monitoring of users’ usage, perfected agents’ deposit and penalty deduction mechanism, and implemented accountability and punishment system. It eliminated sublease and resale of 400 business in the entire province, strictly implemented account management and territorial management, and implemented “shutdown and suspension” (shut down non-real-name customers, zero-call customers, non-white-list customers developed by agents, and suspend new business development of all agents) of nonconforming 400 business numbers. A total number of 35,000 non-conforming 400 business numbers were deactivated, and 150 illegal fraudulent numbers for call forwarding were suspended.